Steve Robinson is a partner in Hogan Lovells' Beijing, Shanghai, and Washington D.C offices, and a member of our Corporate, Finance and Tax practice group. Steve focuses on securities and business transactions for U.S. and international clients. He advises U.S. and international clients in sophisticated public and private offerings, mergers and acquisitions, private equity investments, and complex commercial transactions.
Prior to joining the firm, Steve was a partner with a leading international law firm. He was also the Chief Executive Officer of FindLaw, Inc., a leading Internet site for legal research, and he served as an officer in the U.S. Navy, retiring as a Captain in the U.S. Naval Reserves.
- Represented a diverse group of clients in securities offerings, including a European national electric utility in its privatization and global offerings; a South African gold mining company in a tender offer for another company and a planned global offering; and the underwriters in the initial public offering of an New York Stock Exchange-listed, closed-end fund for venture capital investments.
- Advised private equity fund clients and portfolio companies on capital investments, restructurings, issues among shareholders and acquisition and divestitures.
- Advised numerous international universities with regard to their activities in China, including establishment of joint degree programs, formation of subsidiaries in China through which to conduct activities and China and regulatory compliance issues.
- Represented Anschutz Entertainment Group (AEG) in its negotiations to set up a joint venture with the Shanghai Oriental Pearl Group to manage the Shanghai World Expo Performing Arts Center, which is an 18,000 seat state-of-the-art venue being built as part of the Shanghai World Expo 2010; represented the client in negotiating with the owner/developer of the Wukesong stadium, the Beijing Olympics Basketball Stadium, in connection with stadium management, sport and entertainment events organization and management and the related commercial promotion, branding and sales of the events, etc.; and advised on the formation, operation and management of the stadium management vehicle and related commercial developments.
- Assisted a Russian state enterprise in its negotiations with Lockheed, Boeing and the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) for the construction and launch of the first element of the International Space Station.*
- Advised the Kuwaiti government in negotiating several hundred contracts for the rebuilding of Kuwait following the Gulf War. *
*Matter handled prior to joining Hogan & Hartson.
Hogan Lovells Publications
09 December 2008
"China’s Property Law: Impact on the Real Estate Sector." China Update, Hogan & Hartson LLP
- Corporate Governance
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Private Equity/Venture Capital
- Infrastructure and Project Finance
- Middle East
Areas Of Focus
- Public and Private Securities Offerings
- Investment Funds
- Joint Ventures and Mergers and Acquisitions
- Commercial Negotiations
- J.D., The Catholic University of America, Columbus School of Law, 1984
- A.B., Brown University, 1972
- Member, American Chamber of Commerce, Beijing
Bar Admissions / Qualifications
- District of Columbia