Mike Perkins is a partner in the Calgary office. Mr. Perkins attended the University
of Alberta where he earned a Bachelor of Laws degree in 1980. He was called
to the Alberta Bar in 1981. Mr. Perkins received a Bachelor of Arts degree from
the University of Calgary in 1976.
Areas of Practice
- Corporate Finance
- Natural Resources - Oil and Natural Gas and Mining
- Commercial Transactions
- Mr. Perkins has practised law in the areas of securities, natural resources,
and corporate and commercial law far in excess of 25 years.
- He has acted for a broad range of domestic and foreign issuers, investment
banks and securities dealers, with a particular emphasis in venture capital
and mergers and acquisitions, both domestic and cross-border transactions.
- In addition, he has acted as corporate secretary and/or a director of over
25 public corporations listed on The Alberta Stock Exchange, the TSX Venture
Exchange and/or The Toronto Stock Exchange, engaged in the oil and natural
gas, mining, industrial, technology and venture capital industries.
Professional and Community Activities
- Member, Law Society of Alberta
- Member, Canadian Bar Association, Natural Resources and Security subsection
- Member, Trout Unlimited Canada, Ducks Unlimited Canada and Pheasants Forever
Practice areas to which Michael J. Perkins belongs:
- Corporate Commercial Group
- Entertainment Law
- Oil and Gas
- Securities and Capital Markets