Terry is a partner at our Calgary office. He was admitted to the Alberta Bar
in 1974 after graduating from the University of Saskatchewan Law Faculty in
1973. He also has a Bachelor of Arts Degree from the University of Saskatchewan.
Areas of Practice
- Terrys practice is general commercial with a strong emphasis on all
aspects of real estate.
- Terry acts for a large number of banks, trust companies, pension funds and
life insurance companies in connection with commercial mortgaging and acquisitions.
- He acts regularly on the acquisition and sale of commercial and residential
- Terry has a working knowledge of leasing and has set up leasing packages
for various clients.
- He has set up numerous residential subdivisions.
- Terry has handled a volume foreclosure practice.
- He has acted on the sale and purchase of businesses both by way of share
and asset transfer.
Professional and Community Activities
- He is and has been a lecturer to the Alberta Mortgage Brokers Association,
Calgary Board of Education (Housing Law), Calgary Association of Legal Secretaries
and many Real Estate Firms.
- Terry has been a lecturer on condominiums at the Alberta Bar Course.
- He is a member of the Alberta Mortgage Loans Association and the Alberta
Mortgage Brokers Association.
Practice areas to which Terence G. Lidster belongs:
- Commercial Lending
- Commercial Real Estate
- Financial Services
- Structured Finance and Leasing