Ross Reaburn is a partner with our Calgary office. Mr. Reaburn graduated from
the University of Toronto Law School in 1973 and was admitted to the Alberta
Bar in 1975. Prior to that, he obtained a degree in Civil Engineering from the
University of Toronto in 1964 and practiced engineering with major construction
Areas of Practice
- Acquisitions and Dispositions
- Mr. Reaburn has a broad range of experience over 30 years dealing with corporate
and commercial matters, with a particular emphasis on electricity since 1998.
Representative matters include:
- Acting for vendors and purchasers in connection with various petrochemical,
forestry and electricity related acquisitions and dispositions.
- Acting for borrowers and lenders in connection with various oil and
gas, pipeline and petrochemical related financing arrangements.
- Acting for joint venturers, syndicate members and partners in connection
with various major joint ventures, syndicates and partnerships related
to oil and gas and petrochemical projects and electricity generation.
- Acting for an owner of regulated electricity generation facilities in
connection with the deregulation of generation in Alberta commencing January
1, 2001, including the development of statutory power purchase arrangements
for regulated electricity generation facilities.
- Acting for counterparties in connection with various ISDA, EEI and other
energy related contracts, including green power contracts
and contracts for emission reduction credits and verified emission reductions.
Professional and Community Activities
- He is a member of the Association of Professional Engineers, Geologists
and Geophysicists of Alberta.
Practice areas to which Ross A. Reaburn belongs:
- Corporate Commercial Group
- Electricity Markets