Lionel Blanshay is a partner at our Montréal office. Mr. Blanshay was
admitted to the Québec Bar in 1965 and graduated from McGill University
Law School. He also obtained a Bachelor of Arts in 1961 from McGill University.
Areas of Practice
- Mr. Blanshay practises in the areas of corporate and commercial law. His
main focuses are on acquisitions, divestitures, distribution and licensing
agreements and on international commercial ventures including agency, manufacturing,
sales and joint ventures.
- Mr. Blanshay is the national coordinator of our International Group. He
is also the regional coordinator of our Franchising Distribution Law Group
- Has recently concluded the negotiation and execution of a series of exclusive
manufacturing agreements in the Ukraine with three major stock entities on
behalf of a client active in the North American rail industry.
- Has also acted in the negotiation and formation of a joint venture between
Swiss and North American interests related to utilization of a low earth orbit
satellite system for location and statistical monitoring of intermodal and
other assets throughout Europe.
- Is presently acting on behalf of a leading international hotel chain in
the negotiation of a franchise agreement for a major resort project currently
Professional and Community Activities
- Member of the International Bar Association and Canadian Bar Association
- Member of the Disciplinary Committee of the Québec Bar
- Member of the Lord Reading Law Society
- Member of the International Association of Jewish Lawyers and Jurists
- Member of the Advisory Board of the Youth Employment Services
- Speaker at various conferences on corporate governance, directors
liabilities and agency and distribution agreements, both domestic and international
- Chair of our Montréal offices Admissions and Monitoring Committee.
He is also a member of our Montréal offices Conflicts Committee.
Links for practice areas to which Lionel J. Blanshay belongs:
Business Advisory Group
Franchise and Distribution Law
International Trade Law