John Blair is a partner in the Calgary office. Mr. Blair graduated from the
University of Alberta with an LL.B. in 1980 and was called to the Alberta Bar
in 1981. In 1977, he graduated from the University of Alberta with a B.A. (with
John practised in Edmonton with an Alberta firm but relocated to Calgary in
1997 to better serve the expanding needs of his clientele.
Areas of Practice
- John has represented clients at all levels of court in Alberta including
the Provincial Court, Queen's Bench, and Court of Appeal. He has also appeared
in the Federal Court of Canada at both the trial and appellate levels.
- John has also appeared as counsel before a number of boards, tribunals and
securities commissions, and at several arbitrations and mediations.
- John has litigated on a wide variety of matters including, among many others,
corporate and shareholder disputes, corporate restructurings, employment matters,
public company issues, builders' liens, real estate matters and personal injury
Professional and Community Activities
- Member, Law Society of Alberta.
- Member of the Canadian Bar Association and Calgary Bar Association.
- Has conducted lectures for the Legal Education Society of Alberta.
- Community Liaison, Committee Member, Scenic Acres Community Association.
- Coach and Treasurer, Pee Wee and Atom minor hockey teams.
Links for practice areas to which John D. Blair belongs:
Construction and Engineering
Personal Injury and Accident
Securities and Shareholders Litigation