Dan Kolibar is a partner at our Calgary office. Mr. Kolibar was admitted to
the Alberta Bar in 1989. He obtained an LL.B. from the University of Alberta
in 1988 and a B.A. (Economics) from the University of Calgary in 1985.
Areas of Practice
- Mr. Kolibar has practiced primarily securities law since his admission to
the Alberta Bar. His practice includes public equity and debt financings and
mergers and acquisitions.
- Mr. Kolibar spent three years with the Alberta Securities Commission in
Edmonton before returning to Calgary and joining Howard, Mackie (now Borden
Ladner Gervais LLP) as an Associate in 1994.
- Since returning to private practice, he has advised numerous companies on
the requirements for public financings and stock exchange listings and prepared
financing documents for local and national public offerings and other securities
related documentation in connection with mergers and acquisitions.
- Mr. Kolibar has advised clients on both friendly and hostile take-overs
and prepared requisite Take-over Bid Circulars for both cash and share exchange
- Mr. Kolibar has advised clients on plans of arrangement including conversions
to income trusts.
- Mr. Kolibar has also prepared public offering documents in connection with
offerings of securities in the United States through the multi-jurisdictional
- Mr. Kolibar has advised both Canadian and U.S.-based clients on the dealer
and adviser registration requirements of the Alberta Securities Commission.
- Mr. Kolibar has prepared discretionary relief applications to the various
securities commissions and attended to required filings with the applicable
securities commissions and stock exchanges on behalf of public company clients.
Professional and Community Activities
- Member of the Securities Advisory Committee of the Alberta Securities Commission.
- Member of the Board of Directors of the Alberta Lung Association from 1993
- Member of the Management Board for the Festival of Trees from 1995 to 1998
(a joint fund raising project of the Alberta Lung Association and the Alberta
Childrens Hospital Foundation).
Practice areas to which Daniel G. Kolibar belongs:
- Corporate Finance
- Securities and Capital Markets