Joachim Fritz is a Partner in the Ottawa Office. Joachim received a Qualifying
Diploma in Sciences from the University of Ulm (Germany). He graduated from
the University of Ottawa with a Bachelor of Science (Honours) in Biology - Magna
Cum Laude. He registered as a Canadian Patent Agent in 1992. Joachim is multilingual
and provides services in English, French and German. He is the National Leader
of the Intellectual Property and Technology Group.
Areas of Practice
- Specializes in mechanical, pharmaceutical and biotechnology patent practice.
Professional and Community Activities
- Fellow of the Intellectual Property Institute of Canada (IPIC).
- Member: Licensing Executives Society, Ottawa-Carleton Economic Development
Corporation (OCEDCO), Ottawa Life Sciences Council.
- Serves on the Biotechnology Prosecution Liaison Committee and the Super
Education Committee of the IPIC and is the Chairman of the Institute's Tutorials
- Authored a number of papers and participated in various seminars on intellectual
property protection in Canada for biotechnology related subject matter.
Practice areas to which Joachim T. Fritz belongs:
- Biotech and Pharmaceutical
- Information Technology
- Intellectual Property
- Intellectual Property Agency