Lloyd McLellan is a partner in our Calgary office. Lloyd obtained a Bachelor
of Commerce from Queens University in 1997 and a Bachelor of Laws from
the University of Alberta in 2000. He was called to the Alberta Bar in 2001.
Areas of Practice
- Mr. McLellan practices in the areas of corporate, commercial and securities
- Mr. McLellan has experience advising public and private corporations, partnerships
and trusts with respect to a variety of matters, including the following:
- Mergers, acquisitions and other business combinations of public and
private issuers, including take-over bids, amalgamations and plans of
- Financing transactions including public and private offerings of debt,
equity and convertible securities.
- Business acquisitions and dispositions (share or asset transactions).
- Compliance with corporate and securities regulatory requirements including
corporate governance matters, continuous disclosure obligations and stock
- Corporate reorganizations and other fundamental changes.
- Shareholder and proxy related matters.
- Discretionary relief applications to securities regulatory authorities.
- Structuring stock option and other employee incentive plans.
Professional and Community Activities
- Member of the Canadian Bar Association Alberta Branch
- Member of the Calgary Bar Association
Practice areas to which Lloyd McLellan belongs:
- Corporate Finance
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Securities and Capital Markets
- Venture Capital