Bill Guinan is a partner in our Calgary office. Mr. Guinan was admitted to
the Law Society of Alberta in 1983. He graduated from Dalhousie Law School with
an LL.B. in 1982, at which time he also received an M.B.A. from Dalhousie University.
Prior to that Mr. Guinan obtained a Bachelor of Business Administration from
Acadia University in 1977.
Areas of Practice
- Securities and Corporate Finance
- Oil and Gas
- Represents public oil and gas issuers, listed on both the Toronto Stock
Exchange and on the TSX Venture Exchange, in equity financing transactions,
corporate governance matters, mergers and acquisitions as well as in many
facets of oil and gas, corporate and commercial law.
- Represents private oil and gas corporations in many facets of oil and gas,
corporate and commercial law.
- Represents Canadian chartered banks in both single lender and syndicated
debt financing transactions.
- Represents both publicly traded and private limited partnerships in various
facets of commercial law.
Professional and Community Activities
- Member of the Canadian Bar Association and the Law Society of Alberta.
- Author of Purchase and Sale of Common Facilities: Compliance with
Third Party Rights and Other Key Issues published by Insight Seminars
in August, 1995 and author of Restrictions on Alienation - Compliance
with Third Party Rights Upon the Sale of Oil and Gas Properties published
by the Legal Education Society of Alberta in February, 1990.
- Past and present Director and/or Corporate Secretary for a number of public
and private corporations, including issuers listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange
and the TSX Venture Exchange, many of which are engaged in the oil and gas
Practice areas to which William C. Guinan belongs:
- Commercial Lending
- Corporate Commercial Group
- Corporate Finance
- Corporate Governance
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Oil and Gas
- Private Company
- Securities and Capital Markets
- Securities Litigation/Broker Liability