Donald Edwards is a partner in the Calgary office. Mr. Edwards graduated from
the University of Wales with an LL.B. in 1988 and was called to the Alberta
Bar in 1990. Prior to that he obtained a Bachelor of Science degree from the
University of Alberta.
Areas of Practice
- Commercial Transactions
- Natural Resources
- Mr. Edwards practice has focused primarily on representation of business
entities in a variety of commercial transactions and securities law matters.
- In particular, Mr. Edwards has advised on:
- ongoing commercial and securities law and regulatory advice to corporate
clients and investment dealers.
- structuring a wide variety of public and private financing transactions
including public offerings, secondary offerings, private placements and
- merger and business combinations transactions including take-over bids,
issuer bids, plans of arrangements, amalgamations and reverse takeovers.
- business acquisitions and dispositions.
- establishing and operating Limited Partnerships.
- public and private offerings of equity and debt securities for underwriting
and brokerage firms.
- the negotiation and drafting of a variety of energy contracts relating
to acquisition agreements, joint ventures, construction and ownership
agreements, international operating agreements, facility agreements, processing
agreements, marketing and transportation agreements.
Professional and Community Activities
- Member, Law Society of Alberta
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
Links for practice areas to which Donald B. Edwards belongs:
Business Advisory Group
Oil and Gas
Securities and Capital Markets