Melany is a partner in our Toronto office. She articled at the firm and, following
her admission to the Ontario Bar, joined the firms Labour and Employment
B.A. (Hon.) Wilfrid Laurier University, 1986
LL.B., The University of Western Ontario, 1989
PIL Mediation Program, Harvard Law School, 1999
Areas of Practice
- Labour and Employment Law
- Melany has also been in-house labour and employment counsel on secondment
to General Motors of Canada Limited.
- Melany advises employers in all aspects of labour and employment law, including
employee terminations, collective agreement administration, grievance handling,
performance counselling, human rights policies and practices, drug testing
and workers compensation. She also engages in collective bargaining
and investigates sexual harassment complaints.
- From 1992 to 2000, Melany taught at The University of Toronto. She lectured
on employment law and on labour law, including the administration of collective
agreements and grievance handling.
Professional and Community Activities
- Past Executive Member of the Canadian Bar Association - Ontario (Labour
Practice areas to which Melany V. Franklin belongs:
- Education Law
- Labour and Employment