Squire Patton Boggs
The firm's first practice office is in Cleveland, the city where Andrew Squire, William B. Sanders, and James Dempsey founded their law practice on January 1, 1890. Situated at the northeast corner of Public Square, the silvery-topped, spire-tipped Key Tower dominates the skyline and overlooks the city's most recognized landmarks including Jacobs Field, Gund Arena, Terminal Tower, the Lakefront Mall and Convention Center, 176-year-old Old Stone Church, the Cuyahoga River, the Flats industry/entertainment area, Cleveland Browns Stadium, and the Rock-n-Roll Hall of Fame. The office enjoys a magnificent unobstructed panoramic view of Lake Erie and its south shoreline.Show more
The Northern District of Illinois recently declined to stay an action for declaratory relief relating to an insurance coverage dispute arising out of the ongoing Clearview litigation. The court held that the determination of whether an insurance policy applied did not require the resolution of facts relating to the policyholder's alleged violations of Illinois's Biometric Information Privacy Act.